• Make sure to cheer on your Lady T-Wolves as the girls soccer team goes on to state!

• Did you know parking passes are free? Make sure to register your car in the front office!

The online school newspaper of Lake City High School

Timberwolf Times

A Win for the Wolves

Photo of the Lake City baseball team taken courtesy by Laura Fierro!

Tiger Ashtiani, Staff Writer

The Lake City High School Baseball Team has officially been given the title for the 2015-2016 5A Region 1 Champion! On Tuesday, May 10th, Lake City went up against Post Falls High School in a game that made history. This is the third time in Lake City High School history that our baseball team has placed as a regional champion. Our Timberwolves will head on to state this weekend to compete against the defending state champion.

Lake City was playing The Post Falls Trojans. In the beginning of the game, it didn’t seem like much of a victory. No hits were made in the first four innings. In the fifth inning, Lake City struck gold. Lake City ended up taking the lead with a score of 10-0 after the fifth inning. Paul Manzardo, first-year Lake City coach, said, “It was surreal. I’m so tickled to death for these seniors … and to be able to do it on their home field.” The seniors have exponentially helped shape the team for success in the future.

Lake City’s season score after this game was 16 wins, and 8 losses, while Post Falls’ is currently 13 wins and 13 losses. These scores leave Lake City being the second place seed out of the entire state! Check out Lake City’s scores this entire season at Max Preps!

The IHSAA Baseball State Championship is in Boise, Idaho. On May 19th, Lake City is set to play the best team in the South, Timberline High School, for the opening game. Timberline High has won numerous state championships, but Lake City isn’t threatened. Tanner Criswell, a senior at Lake City that playsCenterfield, said “Going into this first game, we have to have the mentality that we will beat them.” Criswell seemed just confident enough that Lake City had the potential to definitely go far at state. The game against Post Falls was a confidence boost.

Luckily for Lake City, if they win the game against Timberline, it shows a promising future. Criswell said, “If we can beat them, we have an easy cut path to the title game.” Beating them would be an ultimate victory of Lake City, but there’s also a chance that they will lose. If they end up losing to Timberline High then Lake City won’t be advancing to the next round at the state tournament.

Check out the great article that goes more into depth regarding the game between Lake City and Post Falls that assisted Lake City into progressing to the state championship here!