• Homework help and tutoring after school from 2:40-3:30 every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday in the Library!

• Lake City Food Drive is this week, November 13-17. Help make a difference in our community!

• Remember, students are still not allowed to have phones during school hours!

• Did you know parking passes are free? Make sure to register your car in the front office!

The online school newspaper of Lake City High School

Timberwolf Times

Student Spotlight

Garrett Weller, Student Life Editor

Today’s Student Spotlight is Caid Wood, an exuberant sophomore with big dreams. He is a proud member of the school’s speech and debate team, and lavished the program with praises bringing up how our debate team is one of the top in the nation, and in 2014 were undefeated in the GSL, a regional competition. When asked what got him interested in debate, all he had to say in response was “Obama.” Our former president seemed to be a strong inspiration for him. Unsurprisingly, he told us his favorite class is debate. He said, when asked what he liked about the class, “I like arguing.”

His favorite teacher is John Fodge, likely due to his devotion and diligence to his job. The man takes student education very seriously, and drives kids to perform regardless of their attempts at resistance. It is admirable, and he seems a noble martyr given how few kids appreciate him for it.

Caid expressed an interest in more active hobbies beyond his battles of wit. He said one of his favorite hobbies is wakeboarding, stating it is really exciting.

When he grows up Caid said he would like to work in either politics or as a civil rights defense attorney. A civil rights defense attorney assists in cases in which somebody feels as though their rights have been infringed upon and fights to help them receive monetary compensation. In either case, Caid shows a lot of ambition and an admirable drive to help others. He showed an inspiring desire to put his skills built in our school’s debate program to good use in making the world a better place.
He kept the inspirational streak when asked for a parting quote, and borrowed from Yoda with, “Do or do not, there is no try.”

Photo by Garrett Weller