• Homework help and tutoring after school from 2:40-3:30 every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday in the Library!

• Did you know parking passes are free? Make sure to register your car in the front office!

Timberwolf Times

Christmas Drinks You Have To Try

Image from luckydogbarkandbrew.com

Image from luckydogbarkandbrew.com

Image from luckydogbarkandbrew.com

Kaitlynn Steele, Staff Writer

When the holiday season comes around, many coffee shops and restaurants come out with special limited time drinks and snacks. This includes Dutch Bro’s, Starbucks, McDonald’s, and so many more. Although it’s cold outside, not everyone likes their drinks hot. Cold drinks and hot drinks are available at various locations.

One of the best Christmas themed drinks I have ever tried was the ‘Eggnog Latte’ from Starbucks. This is a hot drink and despite the name, it doesn’t taste that similar to eggnog. The drink is known as a holiday favorite by Starbucks locations all over. It’s perfect for a snowy day when you need to warm up and want to get in the Christmas spirit. Starbucks offers tons of different baked goods, like Christmas cookies and brownies that would be perfect with this drink.

Image from dutchbros.com 

Another holiday favorite is ‘Christmas Morning’, a drink available at Dutch Bro’s. The drink can be made hot, iced, or blended. It is a Chai Breve, which is basically chai tea and creme with a white chocolate flavoring. Since this drink offers different varieties of cold and hot it’s perfect for people who prefer hot cold drinks alike.

Next is a drink from McDonald’s, peppermint flavored hot drinks in both mocha or hot chocolate form. This gives a good option for coffee drinkers and non-coffee drinkers. They are almost identical, except one has caffeine and the other does not. It tastes just like a peppermint candy cane, perfect to get into the Christmas mood. You can enjoy this drink alone or get some food while you are there.

Image from blogspot.com

To sweeten up your holidays you can stop at Dunkin’ Donuts, this season they offer a variety of cookie flavored coffee and donuts. One of the few flavors they have returning is the ‘Brown Sugar Cinnamon’ flavored coffee. The drink will be available in  a hot or iced coffee, latte, macchiato and Frozen Dunkin’ Coffee. This drink would be perfect to enjoy with a cookie flavored donut that will be available limited time along with the holiday drinks.

Those are some of the best drinks you should try before the holiday season is over, and some options might not return the next year. Try them while you can!