• Follow us on Instagram @timberwolftimes

• Follow us on Twitter @lchstwolftimes

• Homework help and tutoring after school from 2:40-3:30 every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday in the Library!

• Did you know parking passes are free? Make sure to register your car in the front office!

Timberwolf Times

The Importance of Good Grades

Nick Day, Staff Writer

In high school, students always hear that they need to get good grades and how important it is to get good grades. It can be discouraging for students to see their peers receive higher grades than them, and many students stop trying by the time their current semester ends. Some students believe that getting good grades is unimportant, and ask the question, “What are the benefits of getting a high GPA?” Well, the answer is apparent: Good grades bring many benefits. One benefit that high grades has is that it will lead to more scholarship opportunities when entering a college. Amy Morin, a psychotherapist and a lecturer at Northeastern University in Boston, Massachusetts, says, “Colleges and scholarship committees will review your teen’s transcripts. Better grades, higher test scores, and involvement in a variety of activities can help your teen get more money for college.” Morin also says that a higher GPA may lead to a better social life. Another source, edubloxtutor.com, talks about how good grades open the door to college and university and says, “High school grades matter most if you have hopes of going to college. The grade point average (GPA) is one factor that colleges may consider when they decide to accept or deny a student.”

With all of these benefits, it is clear that getting good grades or achieving a high GPA will help your future opportunities, but many students don’t know where to start. Dartmouth University says that a good way to start improving your grades is by finding a good place to study that is distraction free. Make sure to organize your study time and manage your free time well to achieve higher test scores. There are many other ways to improve your grades, such as attending your classes and doing every homework assignment on time. Hopefully, with time, all students will come to realize the importance of good grades and academic achievement