• Toys for Tots is December 3-14, make sure to bring a minimum $5 toy donation for ages 0-12 to your B6 class to win a class pizza party!

• Our Jingle Books drive is now through December 13, make sure to bring in children's books to help kids in our district!

• Follow us on Instagram @timberwolftimes

• Follow us on Twitter @lchstwolftimes

• Did you know parking passes are free? Make sure to register your car in the front office!

Timberwolf Times

Volunteering in Coeur d’ Alene

Image from QCSD.com

Image from QCSD.com

Skye Boyd, Staff Writer

With the approach of winter coming comes Thanksgiving, a time of year known for food drives and volunteering. There are many local food drives here in Coeur d’ Alene accepting donations and volunteering. Though, many students and adults don’t realize how important and helpful volunteering really is.

First, volunteering helps those in need in the local community and volunteers are always in demand. This may be a given, but some don’t realize how many volunteers are required for just one food drive to remain open. For example, at one food drive at least 20 volunteers are required for one single 8 hour day, every single day. It’s also important to know that food drives will take any amount of time you can volunteer, no matter how small. Not only are you giving to the community, but the people you’re helping are grateful.  

Second, volunteering looks great on resumes and college applications. Time spent volunteering and giving back to your community shows that you care for and understand that people are in need out there. It also shows that you’re willing to take time out of your own personal life to care for others in need. Another point is that volunteering time is required for the famed Senior Project.

Volunteering at local places let you both you be giving back to your community and find something great to put on a resume. So where should you volunteer? Community Action Partnership is a local non profit organization with a mission to end poverty. At Community Action Partnership help is always welcome, some areas you could volunteer for are: helping in the office, assisting special projects, maintenance and repair on the grounds, organizing or helping food drives, and more. The address of Community Action Partnership is: 4144 West Industrial Loop Coeur d’Alene, Idaho 83815. Volunteering at Community Action Partnership not only gains you volunteer hours, but also helps the ones in need in our community through Community Action Partnership.

Sources: