• Toys for Tots is December 3-14, make sure to bring a minimum $5 toy donation for ages 0-12 to your B6 class to win a class pizza party!

• Our Jingle Books drive is now through December 13, make sure to bring in children's books to help kids in our district!

• Follow us on Instagram @timberwolftimes

• Follow us on Twitter @lchstwolftimes

• Did you know parking passes are free? Make sure to register your car in the front office!

Timberwolf Times

How to Prepare For The Winter Season

Image from Voiceofthevalley.com

Image from Voiceofthevalley.com

Skye Boyd, Staff Writer

With the cold winter season approaching, it might be time to start preparing for icy roads and freezing weather. As we know, winter can hit hard and fast, and it’s important to be prepared for the extreme conditions that come with living in North Idaho. Not only your car and home need preparations, but you also need to care for your well being during the cold, sun deprived months.

If you don’t have all season tires, it’s probably a good time to get your snow tires put on. Studded snow tires are allowed in Idaho from October 1st to April 30th, so make sure to take them off before May to avoid being ticketed and to save on gas. Scraping ice and snow off of your car is just as important, because if you don’t it can impair your vision and increase the risk of a car crash. Now, make sure to clear off the whole windshield, as just clearing a tiny peephole for your eyes is illegal and you can get fined. Finally, make sure to be extra careful when driving on roads in winter and to always be prepared for problems winter may cause.

Preparing and maintaining your house throughout winter is just as important as your car. One thing you should do before winter strikes is rake the leaves in your yard, because leaves can actually damage your yard over the winter months, if you care about that sort of thing. Another thing to remember is to not kick or remove icicles hanging from your house, the icicles can remove and damage part of your house, it’s best to just let them melt on their own. Lastly, it’s important to be energy efficient during winter, as you’ll probably have the heat on for most of the winter months.

Finally, it’s important to maintain your own body during winter. With little sun and so much cold, taking vitamins can make your winter easier and better. In place of the sun, taking vitamins with D3 is important for bone strength and also helps your mood to be better. Elderberry, is a berry with antioxidants that might help you fight off winter sickness. Vitamin E. Oil is a great moisturizer, as it can help people who have dry skin during the freezing winter months, the oil can be mixed with almonds and other nuts for taste. To wrap it up, it’s very important to prepare and maintain your car, house, and body during winter, so stay warm!

Sources: