• Follow us on Instagram @timberwolftimes

• Follow us on Twitter @lchstwolftimes

• Did you know parking passes are free? Make sure to register your car in the front office!

Timberwolf Times

Topping the Charts

Back to Article
Back to Article

Topping the Charts

Erika McDonald, Staff Writer

Standing on the top of Billboard’s Top 100 chart is Ariana Grande’s 7 Ring’s, having been on the chart for three weeks and keeping the title of number one the whole time. This isn’t the only top hit of 2019, for example we have Happier by Marshmello ft. Bastille, or Sunflower from Spiderman – Into the Spider-Verse by Post Malone and Swae Lee. Let’s take a look at some more hits of the new year.

Without Me by Halsey. This is a song all about ending relationships and how easily someone can walk away from it. While planning on going on a vacation Halsey had written the song Without Me and decided that she had to put it out there, as she put it, “I wrote, ‘Without Me,’ and it was just one of those things where, I had this song, and I was like, ‘I can’t wait, I need to put this out right now.” Her fans were happy that she did.

High Hopes by Panic! At The Disco. Quickly surpassing the bands record of streams on their older song, I Write Sins Not Tragedies, High Hopes from their album Pray For The Wicked,  became Panic! At The Disco’s most streamed song. Though it was released in May of last year, the song is still going strong.

Thank U, Next by Ariana Grande. With her other song 7 Ring’s as number one on the Billboard Hot 100, Thank U, Next is following behind at a solid number 7. Only eleven days after the songs release, it surpassed 100 million streams on Spotify, becoming the fastest song to do so.

Better Now by Post Malone. This song has been such a big hit that even Taylor Swift herself had commented about it to Post Malone after bumping into him at the Billboard Music Awards, “Better Now’ is so insane, guys,” she told them. Even though the song came out last year with it peaking at number seven on the charts, Better Now is still going strong.